Saturday, April 02, 2005

Fluffy Omelets

I've made fluffy omelets, but they are just too much work. You have to separate the eggs, beat the whites until stiff, beat the yolks until thick and then fold them all together. Not being a morning person, this is not a process I'm capable of before 11 a.m.

So how can you get fluffy omelets without all the hassle?

A pinch of baking powder.

I saw the tip in Woman's World magazine, and thought I'd give it a try. Sure enough, the eggs puff right up. When you take them from the heat, eat fast as the fluffiness is short lived, but every bit as light at the well-beaten variety.

Have only 2 minutes for breakfast but want an omelet? I recommend the Schwan's omelets. They are tasty and cook up in about 2 min. in the microwave. Not as good as a fresh one, but a close second.

Bon apetit!

No comments: