Saturday, July 09, 2005

July Product PIcks

Products We Love - July

The Microplane Zester (top) and
the Toby Tea-Boy are my top picks
this month.
Microplane Zester
The kitchen gadges listed this month are two new purchases that we simply can't live without. The Microplane Zester is always in the dishwasher, so that's proof that either we never run the dishwasher or we're using it all the time. I first read about it in Good Housekeeping magazine and I am firmly convinced this is a must have kitchen gadget.
It makes the fluffiest, freshly grated Parmesan cheese you've ever eaten. It also comes in handy when you burn toast or a grilled cheese (not that I've even done this) to scrape off the burned part so you're family will still eat the stuff.
I bought my zester at a kitchen outlet, but you can find them online at Amazon.com
Toby Tea-Boy
For those of you who know me, I am a tea afficianado. I love loose, black and oolong teas, but hate the nasty tea leaves floating in my cup. I've tried dozens of gadgets, but all of them fail to keep the tea leaves out of my drink. That is until I found my Tea-Boy.
This gadget from tea-lover central (England) is plastic and has a nylon mesh lining. It snaps shut tightly and keeps 100 percent of the tea leaves where they belong--in the infuser. You can get individual or teapot size models.
I bought my first one in a hardware store in New Holland, PA and liked it so much that I had to get another (which was a good thing since the first one took a suicidal jump into the garbage disposal.) I was panicked that I'd never find another one. But never fear, you can get everything online!
Share your posts on these products when you try them!

No comments: