Sunday, March 17, 2013

Revisiting Steak

I rarely (no pun intended) can finish a steak when I order it in a restaurant. With the escalating portion sizes, it is almost impossible for me to leave without leftovers.

The problem with reheating steaks is that they really don't taste good the second time around. I finally found a way for a good reheated steak.

The trick is to cook the steak like the restaurant--in butter. I melt 2 T. of butter in a skillet and reheat the steak on medium heat. I order my steaks medium so that they won't be more than medium well when reheated (unless you like a well done steak). I also use my favorite seasoning--Melting Pot's Garlic Wine Seasoning. You can order this online or buy it at the restaurant. I love this seasoning on meats, in soups, salads, eggs, just about any savory dish. It really freshens up the flavor of a leftover steak.

Serve the reheated steak with the melted butter from the skillet. You will enjoy a moist, flavorful steak that is almost as good the second time around.








No comments: