Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Girls and Guys Night Outs

We tend to think of girl's and guy's nights as something we do with our friends, but why not plan a night with your kids. We have both boys and girls in our family, so my husband and son pair up while I take our two daughters. It provides a great opportunity for bonding.

Our latest outing took me with our two daughter to the "So You Think You Can Dance" concert. It was a very special treat for us. We grabbed dinner at a local mall and went to the concert. It was a great show and the dancers were so nice, signing autographs and posing for photos after the show.

On the way home we had a flat tire (time for more bonding) which we were able to air up and ride home on. We will always remember the concert, pics and flat tire!

I also highly recommend "dates" with your children. They need some one-on-one time, especially when there are multiple children. I find that I have less problems/squabbles with the children following a special outing. It helps your reconnect and find out what is going on in their lives in a way the day-to-day routine can't provide.

Make it a date!

No comments: